I’m super busy tonight! My “to do” list is way too long, but I’m going to stop and share my day. I was tired after school but determined to do the family Sam’s Club monthly shop by myself… Although I know good and well that we never get out of there without two full carts! What was I thinking?!?!?!
True to form I had two FULL carts. I was even more tired, my back was aching, and I was grumpy. As I was pushing/pulling my carts toward the EXIT I was literally wondering why I was sooooo grumpy. A young worker came over and asked if I needed help. Only old people need help! But I didn’t resist this time… maybe I am getting old.
By the time we were outside I knew that he just wanted to help people, talk and have fun, and once we had reached my van I had learned all the wonderful ways that his dad made Hamburger Helper. His dad thought of putting things in Hamburger Helper that he would have never thought of putting in there. It was delicious and his dad was the greatest guy.
As we unloaded my carts into my van I found out that his mother had passed away. I said, “I’m so sorry!” He stopped unloading my carts and came over to sincerely assure me that it wasn’t my fault! When he told me that he was going to turn 21 on February 14 (Yes, we got that friendly!) I told him that one of my daughter’s has a birthday on February 14 too! He told me to tell her “Happy Birthday from Mike the cart guy”.
I smiled all the way home, and my family commented on what a good mood I was in.
From the way he talked about his family I think they realize that we might call Mike ‘special’ but he was definitely an exceptional young man! I would love to affect lives to the degree he seems to!
Mike the cart guy!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love this..
Post a Comment